Amarillo Attacked By Thousands Of NON-”KILLER Moths”! Here’s A Few Tips Keep Protected And Safe.
Last night I stepped out of the studio to go outside and I got attacked by hundreds of moths. It was a scene that I have never seen before! With stories coming from the Kiss request lines of other people who also were attacked by these moths. Larry our intern on his way to work had to drive with his windshield wipers on because there was so many hitting his window it made it hard for him to see while driving. I’ve heard the stories that the weather has a big factor in why we are getting swarmed by all these moths. Another story I heard was that these gigantic moths came from West Virginia. People have made remarks that this could be another sign of the “end of the world”. If you look outside it looks like a blizzard of moths in the sky. These moths are slipping thru cracks in the roof and vents making their ways inside our homes. If you got pets like dogs and cats they are loving it because it’s food to them. So how can we protect ourselves from this attack over Amarillo by all these moths? Well here’s some helpful tips.
Tips to stay moth-free:
1. Keep your outdoor and porch lights off moths are attracted to the light.
2. When walking into your home close the door quickly so the moths can’t get in.
3. Hang sachets of cedar-wood chips to keep moths away.
4. To keep moths out of your clothes you can wrap some cloves and mint leaves in pieces of cheesecloth or a material that will let the smell of the cloves out and suspend them from your closet rod or tuck them into clothes’ pockets to keep moths away as well.
5. Moths do lay eggs so vacuum your carpets and baseboards regularly to prevent an infestation or to eliminate an existing infestation. Make sure to change your vacuum bag regularly to ensure you’re getting the larvae out of your home.
6. Store clothing in sealed containers—chests, plastic storage containers, suitcases, etc.—where moths can’t get to them.
7. Use mothball’s, they sell them at your local wal-mart in the clothes/hanger aisle.
8. Avoiding storing clothes in cardboard boxes. Moths are attracted to cardboard.
Here’s a few helpful tips keep them ugly moths away. Please follow these steps while Amarillo is under attack of these non-Killer Moths!