As the Construction Continues Remember to Slow Down in Work Zones
Summer heat and road construction, probably not a good combination, so please make sure you are aware of those men and women working construction in the area and slow down in work zones.
- Parts of the I-40 frontage roads from the Oldham County line to Bushland will be closed Wednesday through Friday for seal coat operations.
- Left and center lanes on I-40 eastbound will be closed from Whitaker Road to Pullman Road for mill and fill operations.
- Lanes of I-27 northbound and southbound will be closed between 45th Avenue and Hillside Road for mill and fill operations.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- The westbound I-40 entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- The westbound I-40 entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- The eastbound I-40 exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- The frontage road at Osage Street and I-40 eastbound is closed.
- The outside (right) lanes of I-40 westbound and eastbound are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- The left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- The left lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- I-27 south ramp from I-40 eastbound will be closed Monday and Tuesday, June 19 and 20, from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. as crews paint the west side of the bridge.
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the right lane of I-27 southbound at the interchange for continuing bridge construction work.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- South Loop 335 is closed from the north at Bell Street to help facilitate accelerated reconstruction of the Bell Street and frontage road intersection.
- Frontage road between Washington Street and the railroad tracks is be reduced to a single lane of one-way traffic as it goes under the bridge; traffic will alternate directional flow controlled by traffic signals.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound LP 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and LP 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and LP 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.
- Circle Drive is closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.