Lots and Lots of Closures this Week – Construction May Cause Delays
Here’s this week’s construction update. You may have to find an alternate route to work this week. Here’s some of the areas that might be wreaking more havoc on your commute.
- Starting today, the westbound on-ramp at Ross Street will be closed for approximately two weeks as bridge and ramp work continues.
- Traffic on Loop 335 from Washington Street to Georgia Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic for installation of a new metal beam guard fence. Watch for flaggers during the daytime hours.
- Various lanes of I-40 will be closed in both directions from Soncy Road to Pullman Road for patching.
- Expect various lane closures at Western Street and I-27 southbound for patching.
- Mill and fill operations start today in Canyon. US 87 southbound (23rd Street) going into Canyon will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Traffic will detour to US 60. The highway will reopen Wednesday, May 10, but the right lane will remain closed to traffic until mill and fill operations are completed late Thursday
US 60 Downtown:
- Northbound thru traffic on I-27 will be detoured to Fillmore Street.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- CLOSURE: Soncy Road at Interstate 40 will be closed from Friday, May 12 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, May 14 as demolition of the westbound bridge begins. Traffic exiting westbound I-40 at Soncy and southbound traffic on Loop 335 will be detoured to Helium Road to proceed south on the Loop. Traffic exiting eastbound I-40 at Soncy Road and northbound traffic on Loop 335 will be detoured to Coulter to proceed north on the Loop.
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- The westbound on-ramp at Ross will be closed for approximately 2 weeks as bridge and ramp work continues.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to a single-lane in each direction during the daytime hours to place drainage structures.
- Frontage road between Washington Street and the railroad tracks will be reduced to a single lane of one-way traffic as it goes under the bridge; traffic will alternate directional flow controlled by traffic signals.
- Between Washington and Georgia streets, traffic will be reduce to a single lane and motorists should look for flaggers directing traffic.
- Circle Drive will be closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
Southbound traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane from north of LP 335 to south of LP 335.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive has been permanently closed.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview I-27 to Valleyview Drive, traffic will be reduced to one lane east and westbound with no left turn lanes.Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- From I-27 to Valleyview Drive, traffic will be reduced to one lane east and westbound with no left turn.