More Road Closures And Detours- Downtown Amarillo
The City and its contractor would like to thank residents, businesses, and motorists in advance for their patience and understanding.
- Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 18, Pierce and Fillmore streets in downtown Amarillo will close between 5th and 7th avenues for profile mill and overlay operations.
- 6th Avenue between Pierce and Fillmore streets will also be closed.
Traffic in these areas will be impacted for approximately two weeks.
- Southbound traffic is advised to take Taylor Street while northbound traffic is advised to take Buchanan Street.
- Southbound traffic on Pierce Street will be detoured at 4th Avenue to Taylor Street.
- Northbound traffic on Fillmore Street will be detoured at 7th Avenue to Buchanan Street.
- Eastbound traffic on 6th Avenue will have the option of detouring to the north at Polk Street or to the south at Taylor Street.