Various Lane Closures this Week Plus the Under Pass at I-40 and Soncy to Close for the Night
If you use I-40 and Soncy at night you’ll need to find an alternate route for the next few days.
This Week’s Projects:
- Various lanes will be closed on Amarillo Boulevard from RM 1061 to Grand Street from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday this week as contractors install pavement markings at the signalized intersections in these locations.
- Various lanes will be closed on the frontage roads in both directions along I-40 from Adkisson Road to Arnot Road for seal coat operations.
- From the City of Amarillo: Monday through Thursday, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., S.E. 3rd Avenue will be closed at Ross Street. Westbound traffic on S.E. 3rd Avenue will detour south on Osage Street to S.E. 5th Avenue. Eastbound traffic on S.E. 3rd Avenue will detour south on Ross Street to S.E. 10th Avenue.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- Underpass at I-40 and Soncy (SL 335) will close at 7 p.m. tonight and reopen Tuesday, at 7 a.m. to set deck panels for the westbound bridge. Depending on the progress of the work, the underpass could close again at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and reopen at 7 a.m. on Wednesday.
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- I-40E, the on-ramp to Crockett Street is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- I-40E exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- Frontage road at Osage Street and I-40E is closed.
- Right lanes of I-40W and I-40E are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40W frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Left lane of the I-40E frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound is closed.
- Left lane of the I-27S frontage road and the right lane of I-27S at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound LP 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and LP 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and LP 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.
- Circle Drive is closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.