Life Skills They Should Teach In School
I was at my son’s school PTA meeting last week and I had this discussion about this. If they taught kids some of the following things, it could help our kids have a more productive life.
1. Home Improvement- I was 26 years old when I fixed my first bathroom sink. I had no idea what I was doing. I afraid I was going to mess up my bathroom. Luckily I had a friend helping me and we got it to work again. It would have been nice to have some basic training with this kind of thing ahead of time.
2. Basic Car Maintenace- Little things like knowing how to jump a car or change a tire should be common knowledge. It can save you a lot of time and money if you know how to do little things like check tire pressure or know when to get your oil changed.
3. How to stick to a budget- They might touch on this in some schools in either math class or home economics but knowing how to stretch a buck is a must.
4. How to do your taxes- There is a high school in Georgia that actually started teaching kids a few years ago. I really did not start doing it on my own till I was in my early 20’s.
5. Computer Programming- Some kids do have a natural knack for computers. Some don’t. There are schools in England that start teaching how to code in elementary school.
What do you think kids should learn in school? Tell us in the comment section below.