10 Awesome Things About Being a Tall Girl
Sometimes being a 6-foot-tall girl with size twelve shoes and hands that can palm a basketball isn't easy.
I don't pay much attention to it anymore, but when I was growing up I was definitely teased about it at school, especially by boys. I don't know if they teased me because they were embarrassed about their own height or if I was just an easy target because I stuck out like a sore thumb, but there was no shortage of name-calling.
Man hands. Jolly green giant. Lurch. The list goes on.
Once when I was in 6th grade, a boy looked over at my feet in a pair of flip flops and called me "monkey toes" in front of other classmates. They burst out laughing and I tried to laugh with them, but I was honestly a bit traumatized from it. I didn't wear sandals again until I was in my 20s. I've never been a dainty girl, and that's okay.
There isn't much you can do to change how tall you are, and I think tall girls would agree that the best way to be tall is by owning it. No more slouching, or hiding your toes or avoiding heels. Just be tall.
Being a tall girl is awesome, and everyone who is a douchebag to you about it is probably just jealous.
10 REASONS WHY BEING A TALL GIRL IS AWESOME
1. You don't need anybody's help putting a baby bird back in its nest or placing the star on a Christmas tree.
2. You likely have long fingers, which are better for flipping people off.
3. You can see over everyone in concerts and piss off the short guy behind you that called you a monster in 2nd grade.
4. You can get a little chunky without looking extra squatty like your short friends.
5. You can look down on most of your enemies, literally.
6. You automatically get picked first for sports, even if you totally suck at them.
7. You're often left in charge of other students in a classroom because, for some reason, height equals age for elementary school teachers.
8. You are harder to steal off the street, especially if you're built like a linebacker like I am. I wish a mutha would.
9. You're always ready for a flood because there are never pants long enough for you. Ever.
10: You can look down a man's shirt instead of him looking down yours. Highly recommend.
13 Favorite Texas Craft Beers