6 Things YOU Should Know about KISS-FM’s New Guy Danny Wright!
Hey it's Danny and it's great to meet you! I moved to Amarillo in early March and it has been a whirlwind since I got here. My car was totaled, we had the land hurricane, and more storms are in the forecast again. So it's been a couple of months, and I thought it was finally time that we got to know each other.
- First off, I’m a true Texan, although I grew up in the northeast. I was born into a military family in a small town in The Rio Grande Valley called Raymondville. I still have family there and visit as often as possible. South Padre Island is my favorite beach town in Texas, period.
- I’ve never mowed a lawn. Growing up in New York City, we never had a yard, so a lawn mower was never needed. I guess I lucked out on that.
- I’m a direct descendant of General William Tecumseh Sherman, on my mother's side. And on my father's side, Poncho Villa. No wonder I like to be bossy!
- I once dated a super famous Latino pop star, for nine months. Yes, we chat occasionally.
- I’m allergic to anything with a pit in it. Avocados, cherries, peaches, and so on. They are all a NO NO. I’m a no guac half Mexican.
- Lastly, I was once an underwear model. Don't believe me? Here's the proof...
I can't wait to meet you. You can always call in during the afternoon show at (806) 398-0096. I'm on the air daily on 96-9 KISS FM from 3pm-7pm right here in Amarillo. Don't be shy if you see me out and about, I would love to say HI!