Feel Like a Kid At Camp at the DHDC’s Camp IWANNA
Summer camp is one of the best things about childhood. It was a time to get away from home and swim, hike, stay in cabins, fish. Not to mention sitting around a campfire eating s'mores and singing songs, and the camp dances. Now you can relive some of that camp fun with the Don Harrington Discovery Center's Camp IWANNA.
Kids don't get to have all the fun. The Discovery Center is making it fun for grown-ups. Get ready for the undies to go up the flag pole. It's time for summer camp for adults. Camp Iwanna - Summer Science Camp for the Terminally Immature.
Campers report to camp on Friday, June 8th from 7-10pm
Campers get to enjoy:
- Catered campfire-inspired cuisine, including grilled tacos, and a s'mores bar all prepared by Chef Bud Andersen.
- Ice cold suds generously provided by Budweiser along with specialty cocktails including the "Bee's Knees".
- Grown-up arts ‘n crafts including making keychains
- Plus test your survival skils, food ration samples and bugs!!!!
- Cool science demos and MORE!
- Camp-inspired activities such as archery, derby races, water rockets and MORE!
- Live music from Eddie Esler.
Don't forget to dress in your best camp attire.
Tickets are $35 for Discovery Center members. $40 for non-members.
This event is for adults 21 and older.