Finally! Someone Is Showing Rocky Horror Picture Show This Year!
I've brought it up since I moved to Amarillo. It's hard to believe in a town this size, we don't have a single place that annually shows Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween. Except for this year.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Interactive Viewing in Amarillo
This is the best part. Not only is it a showing, it's an interactive one. If you've never been to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show during a showing, it's an experience you won't forget. There are a lot of opportunities for you to become part of the spectacle right from your own seat.
What Props You Need For Rocky Horror Picture Show
The list is pretty simple, and the cues on when to use them are baked into the movie.
- Rice - To throw at the newlyweds at the start of the movie
- Confetti - For when the Transylvanians throw confetti after "I Can Make You A Man"
- Newspaper - For when it's raining on Brad and Janet. Hint: it will also be for you because...
- Water Gun - To help simulate the rain
- Flashlight - To use during "There's A Light"
- Rubber Glove - So you can snap yours along with Frank for the "The Creation Speech"
- Toast - For when Frank goes to make a toast
- Bell - For when Frank sings "Did you hear a bell ring" during "Planet Schmanet/Wise Up..."
- Noisemakers - For after "The Creation Speech"
- Party Hat - For when Frank puts one on at dinner
- Cards - For when Frank sings "Cards for sorrow. Cards for pain."
- Roll of Toilet Paper - For when you hear "Great Scott!"
Where Is The Amarillo Rocky Horror Viewing
The viewing will be held at Caliche on Oct 29. Here's what you need to know:
- Where: Caliche SW 7th Ave, Amarillo
- When: Oct 29, 7:30 PM
- Props Provided
- Costumes Encouraged
- $5 Suggested Donation
Hopefully I can make it out for this one. Rocky Horror is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. I love going to the viewings, and if we can't get a regular midnight showing somewhere I am beyond happy that we'll have a Halloween one this year.
Do keep in mind that interactions can vary place to place. Some places might not want to clean up rice, so they give you bubbles. Follow the rules, and use their props that are being provided.