It Is Girl Scout Cookie Season And There Is A New Cookie
Every start of a new year I know it won't be long until the girl scouts are out selling their yummy cookies. Well this year I can look forward to a brand new cookie, Savannah Smiles.
This year is a very special year for the Girl Scouts; they are celebrating their 100th anniversary. So what better than to roll out a new cookie. Now don't be alarmed, you will still get all your favorites like Thin Mints, Samoas, and Tagalongs.
The new cookie is called Savannah Smiles and is named after the birth place of Girl Scout founder Juliette Gordon Low. The cookie is described as a “bite-sized, lemon-wedge cookies dusted in powdered sugar and bursting with zesty lemon flavor.” About 28 come in each box and they contain zero grams of trans fats per serving.
Sounds delicious. So this year when you see the little ladies parked outside the Walmart or United, stop and ask them for a box of Savannah Smiles. And if this makes you feel any better, 76% of the profits from each box goes to support the girls. The other 24% goes to the baker.
My favorite cookie would have to be the coconutty Samoas. Yumm! But I have to admit the new cookie sounds awesome. What is your favorite?