Some Basic Tips For First Date Etiquette
According to a survey by Match.com, 85% of singles say a kiss on the cheek is OK on the first date. Read on for other interesting findings.
- 40% of people think a passionate kiss is OK on the first date.
- 41% of men are comfortable with public displays of affection. Only 31% of women feel the same way
- 12% of singles sleep with a new partner after the second date
- 20% of men and 16% of women send a Facebook friend request to their potential partner after two to three dates. 16% of women wait until the relationship has become exclusive. 10% of men send a Facebook friend request before the first date.
- 5% of men and 3% of women talk about former lovers on a first date.
What about things NOT to do on a first date? According to stylecaster.com, here are the top 3:
- Don't Be "Wishy-Washy". There's no worse turn-off than a pushover. If your date has made plans for mexican food, but you don't eat it, say something!
- Don't show up late on purpose. Fashionably late isn't cool.
- Don't constantly check your phone. There's nothing ruder than interrupting a convo so you can check your phone.
Hopefully, these tips will help out on the next first date!