Thanksgiving Week Means Government Closures Around The Panhandle
It's a short work week for most folks and that includes government workers. If you need to conduct any business at Amarillo City Hall or any other government entity this week, here are the days they will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
City of Amarillo
- City Council meeting canceled for Tuesday, November 26.
- City Hall offices will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, and Friday, November 29.
- For Solid Waste: residential customers receiving service on Thursday will receive service on Wednesday. Friday routes will operate as normal. For commercial customers, all Thursday and Friday routes will receive service on Friday.
- The city landfill will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and will resume normal hours on Friday.
- Transit Service: Buses will not operate on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 28). Transit Service will operate on a Saturday schedule on Friday, November 29.
High Plains Underground Water Conservation District
- The HPWD offices in Lubbock and Canyon will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- County offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
Texas Department of Public Safety
- DPS offices, including the Drivers License division, will be closed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Texas Department of Transportation
- TxDOT offices will be closed next Wednesday through Friday.
Check back throughout the week as we add more to the list.