The Amarillo Starlight Theater Series Starts On May 31st In Sam Houston Park
Admission to this seasonal music festival is free.
Summertime in Amarillo might seem like a gaping part of the year when nothing is going on and there's nothing to do. That's why we're keeping you informed of the fun events that Amarillo is providing to make sure you have the best summer ever.
Each year, Amarillo Parks and Recreation puts on the Starlight Theater series to kick off the summer. The series features a variety of bands, from Western swing to classic rock.
The concerts will take place each Tuesday, starting on May 31st and ending on August 16th. Music will start at 7 p.m. It doesn't cost a thing and you can bring lawn chairs, blankets, food, and drinks.
Here is the band schedule:
- May 31: Mason Jar & The Shine Brothers, a country and rock band
- June 7: Windy City, a classic rock band
- June 14: Black Slacks Combo, an oldies band
- June 21: The Prairie Dogs, an Americana band
- June 28: Mike Fuller & The Repeat Offenders, a country and folk band, for a Celebrate America concert
- July 5: The Buster Bledsoe Band, a Texas country act
- July 12: Blue Denim II and Friends, a Western swing act
- July 19: The Martinis, a jazz combo
- July 26: Just 2 Guys, a country/rock band
- Aug. 2: The Dustjackets, an Americana band
- Aug. 9: Smokey City Rhythm Revue, a jazz/classic rock/blues band
- Aug. 16: Insufficient Funds, a classic and contemporary rock band, for a Back to School Bash
For more information, visit the Amarillo Parks and Recreation website.