What To Do If You Take Your Kid To Work
April 26th is Take Your Child To Work Day. Make sure you are ready for what's to come.
The fourth Thursday of April has been recognized as National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. Some also call it Take Your Child To Work Day. The event was founded by Gloria Steinem and the MS Foundation for Women in 1993
If you are planning to play part in this event, here are some things to keep in mind before bringing your kiddo to work with you.
1. Plan Ahead for the Day: Think about how your child will be able to participate in your everyday routine. Also be prepare to have something for them to do if you have a meeting or something they can not be part of.
2. Talk to Other Parents: Most likely there are other parents in the office that have brought their kids to work. Find out how they made things work and ask about any mistakes that you should look out for.
3. Talk to You Employer and Colleagues: Make sure you boss is ok with your child being there. There could be safety issues depending on your job. You also want to let you co-workers know that a little one is around.
4. Find Out What Kind of Job Your Child Wants: Ok, they might not know at this point in there life. But if you have a job they are not interested in, chances are they may not want to sit at your job all day.
5. Make Sure Your Child Knows the Ground Rules: You are still going to be at your job. So your child has to know that they need to be on their best behavior.
Have you brought you child to work? Have any good tips? Tell us in the comment section below.