5 Breakfast Items You Can Tailgate With for 11 a.m. Kickoffs
The West Virginia vs Texas Tech game time is set for 11 a.m. September 29th. As confirmed by the Texas Tech football program:
Apparently, the Texas Tech football social media guy knew there would be major complaints about the kickoff time and tried to get in front of the problem. People will still complain. This will be the second 11:00 am kickoff of the season and Texas Tech is currently 0-1 in 11:00 kickoffs.
The silver lining here is that you can now broaden your tailgating horizon with these 5 breakfast items you can cook at your breakfast themed tailgate.
1. Sausage Balls - Who doesn't love sausage balls. Pro tip - Make them the night before and keep them warm on the grill you would have used for a night game!
2. Irish Coffee - Just put Jack Daniels in your coffee and call it Irish Coffee. If you're feeling authentic grab some Jameson. Here is a link to 30 other brunch cocktails for you to forget about 11 a.m. kickoffs.
3. Black Bear Cookies - Did you know the state animal of West Virginia is the Black Bear? Neither did I. Make these cookies then have the dads at your tailgate party crack jokes about beating West Virginia while biting the heads off of the bears for full effectiveness.
4. Bacon - Bacon makes things better. Put it in a taco. Eat the bacon. Go Red Raiders.
5. These Breakfast Sliders that actually look incredible - Move over Breakfast on a bun, it's slider time.
1340 The Fan is excited to partner with Guns Up Nation this season. Check them out on Facebook here.