Amarillo Globe News Catches On Fire – News Paper Delivery Delays Expected
Last night around 9pm, Amarillo firefighters responded to a structure fire on the 900 block of S. Van Buren in Amarillo. A fire that was taking place in the lower level of the Amarillo Globe News paper printing building.
Firefighters were having trouble controlling the fire, due to limited access to the fire itself, but were able to keep it contained to the building of origin, which again, is the Amarillo Globe News building.
AFD said the fire was unintentional and started because a piece of operating equipment malfunctioned causing a spark to ignite dust, fiber or lint inside the building.
There were no injuries reported, and Amarillo Globe News tweeted to customers saying that paper delivery would be delayed due the fire.