Genetics Don’t Stop People From Loving Cats Like Their Own Children
Do you consider your cat as your child? You'd be surprised how many people do.
A new survey by Arm and Hammer reveals that 66% of cat owners consider their cat to be their child. Other findings:
- 70% of cat owners are always worried that their house smells because of their cat's litter box.
- 25% of cat owners would rather cuddle and be greeted by their cat than their significant other.
- 10% of cat owners can't get intimate with their partner because their cat is in the room.
- 77% of people reply to their cat's meows.
- 90% of cat owners talk to their cat on a regular basis.
- 86% of cat owners would rather relax at home with their cat than go to the gym.
- 14% of people dress their cat for Halloween.
I can relate to most all of those things (except for the whole "getting intimate" thing. I also have never dressed my cat in a Halloween costume. But since he's solid black, I really don't need to.
Now if you'll excuse me, my cat and I will talk to each other.