Where Should We Go For the Best Catfish in All of Amarillo?
Another Lenten season is about to come to an end. I have eaten a lot of fish during these forty days. Heck, I love seafood of all kinds so it's not really a stretch. One of my favorites to eat is catfish.
I remember going out fishing as a kid for catfish. After the big haul, we would clean our catch and that was dinner that night. Catfish is the best and it really reminds me of my childhood. So I love a good plate of catfish.
When I go out to eat I do look for it on the menu. There of course are different ways to fix it. You can have the southern catfish all fried and delicious. Though I usually go for the grilled. You can also get it blackened.
A lot of places in Amarillo have good catfish. Who has the best is what we want to know.
- Youngbloods Cafe - 620 SW 16th Ave
- Delvin's Restaurant - 1300 N Hughes
- Shi Lee's Barbecue & Soul Food - 1213 SW 3rd
- The Lost Cajun - 2401 I40W
- Sams Southern Eatery - 4317 Teckla Blvd
- Lazy Gator - 6103 Hillside Rd
- Smokey Joe's - 2903 6th Ave
- Calico County - 2410 Paramount
- Drunken Oyster - 7606 SW 45th
- Dyers BBQ - 1619 S Kentucky
- Scott's Oyster Bar - 4150 Paramount Blvd
- Ye Olde Pancake Station - 2800 Virginia Circle
- Hoffbrau Steak - 7203 W I40
- Red River Steakhouse - 4332 SW 45th
So when you go out to eat and you are looking for a good catfish. Where do you go? Do you get it fried in all its glory or do you go a bit healthier?