What an amazing day with an amazing outcome.

The Children's Miracle Network Media-Thon was on Thursday. But for a lot of us here at Townsquare Media, it started way before. The real crunch time was 24 hours before the event started.

Our conference room was the central base of operation for the big day. So, there was a lot of work that had to be done.

On Wednesday we had people coming in to set up our phone lines for the phone bank. Curtains and signs were hung transform the room into a phone bank for our volunteers. It was amazing how different it looked.

Our kitchen area was filled with food and drinks for our guest and volunteers to enjoy while they were here.  It really helped with keeping everyone fueled up during the big day.

For me, my day started on Thursday at 5:00 am. My alarm on my phone went off and I remember reaching over and turning it off. I was thinking to myself, "when is the last time I got up this early?"

When I got to the radio station there was already a bunch of people moving around. We went live on all five of our stations at 6 am. The morning shows were the first to get the info out to start donating. It wasn't long until the phones started to ring.

The DJ's were in the studios most of the day. They came out to welcome guest and occasionally grab so food. It was busy day for the on-air staff.

The best part for me was meeting the families and mostly the kids. The kids were the most inspiring part of all of this. Some of them have or currently gone through some tough times. But they bounce back like it's no big deal. Most adults who might have to deal with cancer would just shut down. But these wonder kids would rather not worry about that and just focus on being a kid and doing kid stuff like having fun.

The day ended at 7:00 pm. We announced that we ended up raising $168,000. That is so amazing. This was my first CMN Media-Thon. I was so thrilled to be part of it.

I got home that night and just flopped on my couch. My little boy sat next to me and we watched TV. He leaned over and I put my arm around him and kissed him on the head. I feel so lucky that he is healthy and happy. It made me feel good as I dozed off know that we helped a lot of great kids and their families today.

The next morning, I woke up. I am still a little tired. As I walked down the hallway to my office I saw the balloons and decorations still up from the event.  Everyone looks a little worn out for a Friday. But we are all smiling a little more today. We know we were part of something amazing yesterday.

The success of CMN's Media-Thon is just another reason why I love it here in Amarillo.


More From KISS FM 96.9