The Weirdest Laws In Texas
These might sound too silly to be true, but they could land you in jail.
1. It is illegal to sell one’s eye
2. It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
3. It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
4. It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
5. Abilene - It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.
6. Austin - Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.
7. Beaumont - Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.
8. Borger - It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.
9. Clarendon - It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.
10. Jasper - Dogs must be on a leash at ALL times.
11. LeFors - It is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer while standing
12. Mesquite - It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.
13. Richardson - It is illegal to do “U Turns”.
14. Richardson - It is now illegal to place a “for sale” sign on a car if it visible from the street.