A Few Extra Lane Closures to Deal With This Week Along with the On Going Construction
Good news is the direct connector is finally open, bad news, we still have construction going on all over Amarillo. Here's what you can expect this week.
This Week's Projects:
- Right lanes of Interstate 27 will be closed in both directions 45th Avenue to 26th Avenue for shoulder and drainage maintenance.
- Various lanes along Interstate 40 will be closed in both directions Soncy Road to Pullman Road for patching repairs.
Bushland Bridge Replacement:
- Westbound traffic is diverted to the service road at the RM 2381 exit ramp and reenters I-40 at the next on-ramp.
- Traffic on the frontage road north of I-40 is one-way going west between the off- and on-ramps of the detour.
- Local traffic is detoured to Adkisson and Arnot roads to cross I-40.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Bell)
- The eastbound frontage road is reduced to one lane through the Bell Street intersection.
- I-40 reduced to two lanes in each direction until the completion of the project
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335):
- Northbound right and center lanes of Soncy Road could be closed for short duration from 34th Avenue to I-40 and the right lane from I-40 to BI-40 (Amarillo Boulevard) to widen lanes.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Outside right lanes of I-40 eastbound are closed.
- Eastbound I-40 exit for Quarter Horse/Nelson Street is closed. Motorists should use the exit at Ross Street or Grand Street.
- Left lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Outside right lanes on I-40 westbound are closed.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Ross/Arthur is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic down to Arthur Street onto the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the I-40 westbound Grand Street on-ramp for to enter I-40 westbound.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Quarter Horse Drive is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic under I-40 at Nelson Street to the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the westbound I-40 Grand Street on-ramp to enter I-40 westbound.
- Left lane of the westbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Right lanes of Arthur Street at I-40 are closed in both directions.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange):
- Left lane of the I-27 north frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Left lane of the I-27 south frontage road and the right lane of I-27 south at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Access to Bell St south of SL 335 is closed. Motorists should use Sundown Lane to access Bell Street south of SL 335. Traffic on SL 335 will be diverted to the north frontage road around the Bell Street intersection.
- From Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north, and Circle Drive are closed at SL 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- Westbound Loop traffic must exit at Georgia Street and turn left under the bridge and right on the south frontage road to continue westbound.
- Intersection of South Western Street and SL 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and SL 335 has a three-way stop condition at the north and the south frontage roads.
- Exit and entrance ramps east of Georgia Street are ONE-WAY ramps.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.