Amarillo Road Construction Report: Know Before You Go This Week
As workers continue to make progress on the new south portion of Loop 335, other road projects are happening around the Texas panhandle. Each week, TxDOT releases a list of projects and areas to avoid. Here is this week's list of proposed roadwork projects:
- On Monday, Aug. 10 from 7 to 11 p.m. the right lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed just after Eastern Street to just past the Whitaker Road entrance ramp, as well as the Whitaker Road entrance ramp, while crews set a portable concrete barrier. This is in preparation of a temporary entrance ramp at Whitaker Road.
- On Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 10 and 11, various portions of FM 293 westbound will be closed for patching in advance of seal coat operations. On Wednesday, Aug. 12, work will switch to FM 293 eastbound.
- Watch for crews making patching repairs on I-27 at 45th Avenue that will:
- Close the left and center northbound lanes on Tuesday, Aug. 11.
- Close the left and center southbound lanes on Wednesday, Aug. 12.
- Close the right lanes in both directions on Thursday, Aug. 13.
- On Thursday, Aug. 13, the right shoulder of FM 1719 northbound (Western Street) and the left lane of State Loop (SL) 335 westbound at FM 1719 will be closed for repairs to the luminaire.
- Watch for various lane closures along I-40 in both directions from the New Mexico state line to mile marker 30 as crews repair metal beam guard fences.
- I-27 and SL 335 (Hollywood Road):
- Beginning Monday, Aug. 10, the I-27 northbound frontage road will be reduced to one lane for installation of drainage pipe.
- Expect daily lane closures on I-27 in both directions between Sundown Lane and Bell Street for striping and ditch work.
- On Thursday, Aug. 13, traffic on the SL 335 eastbound frontage road will be reduced to one lane from Bell Street to just west of Viking Drive.
- *** School Traffic *** Please note Viking Road will be closed.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.