Closings at Ross Will Mess Up Your Commute This Week and More
Another week and more construction and more closures to worry about.
If you use Ross to travel then you will need to find alternate routes Tuesday and Thursday, and some parts of I-40 and Bell won't be open this week either. Here's your full construction update.
This Week's Construction:
- Tuesday and Thursday, April 10 and 12, Ross Street will be closed under I-40 during the daytime for a bridge deck pour.
- Wednesday, April 11, watch for various short-term single lane closures on I-27 southbound at 26th Avenue as crews perform sign work throughout the day.
- Thursday, April 12, the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed at Bell Street from 8 a.m. to Noon as crews work on hot mix. Traffic will be detoured down Erick Street.
- Right lanes of SL 335 (Soncy Road) will be closed in both directions at the intersections of Hillside Road, 45th Avenue, 34th Avenue, Westgate Parkway, and I-40 for signal work.
- Various lanes of the I-27 frontage roads, both northbound and southbound, will be closed for patching at the intersections of Georgia and Tyler streets.
- Left and center lanes will be closed on I-40 westbound from Pullman Road to Grand Street for fog seal operations and crack sealing, weather/wind speeds permitting.
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage roads will be closed from Whitaker Road to Bolton Street for fog seal operations, weather permitting.
- I-40 westbound frontage roads, the left and center lanes will be closed near Coulter Street for patching repairs.
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road and the eastbound turnaround lane will be closed at Georgia Street as work on ramp improvements continues.
Many areas this week will slow down your travel, so please allow for extra time to get to your destination and slow down in all work zones.