More Orange Cones In Your Future This Week In Amarillo
Don't get caught off guard with roadwork projects around Amarillo this week. The Texas Department of Transportation has released its lane closure report, 'Know Before You Go,' for the week of November 17th. Here are the trouble spots:
- Expect various lane and ramp closures as overlay work continues on the southeast section of State Loop (SL) 335.
- FM 293 will be closed between SH 136 and FM 683 for road widening work. Traffic will be detoured to FM 245.
- The right lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road will be closed at Helium Road for culvert installation.
- Various lanes of BI-40 (Amarillo Boulevard) will be closed in both directions between Western Street and Gem Lake Road for edge work.
- Watch for crews repairing guardrails at the interchange of Bell Street and 9th Avenue.
TxDOT would like to remind drivers that all projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work, and other unexpected events.