My Yearly Reminder About Going Out To Eat For Valentine’s Day
This is going to be a yearly reminder. It should go without saying but be kind on Valentine's Day. I am not talking about kindness to your date. That should be a given. I mean to anyone in the service industry.
It's a crazy day. It's even crazier if you work at a restaurant in Amarillo. It is THEIR Super Bowl! I am talking about Valentines Day.
I know the plans have probably calmed down a bit due to the pandemic. If you, though, make plans to go to a restaurant that accepts reservations. Great! Make them! If you make plans to go to one that doesn't. Well! Accept that you will be waiting to get a table. Probably still this year.
It's all part of the day that is Valentine's Day. I encourage you to go out to eat! I really do! Especially being a mother of a former server. Just know that the restaurants are going to be jam packed.
So here is some advice:
- Do make plans to be waiting awhile for your table. That is a given. So be ready to wait and be ready to chat with your date. This is a good time to put on your "A" game and make the date enjoyable for you both. A good conversation will impress anyone. Talk about yourself but also let them share about their life too.
- Please don't take your kids out to eat this night. Really for your own sanity. I mean like I said there will be a wait. Oh and a hefty one and kids may not be so patient. Save that date night for another day and time.
- For the love of all that is holy. Be kind to the restaurant staff. They are busting their butts so that you get some brownie points with your loved one . Don't ruin it by being rude! That will get you NOWHERE! Not with the restaurant and DEFINITELY not with your date.
- Please also take care of your waitstaff. They are working for $2.13 an hour and your tips are what helps them pay the bills. Do NOT ever stiff a server. They are paying their taxes depending on how much you ate! So they are out money on you. Do you want to work and be out money? Would that be fair? I mean you did eat the food. So maybe they had a bad day and maybe your drink wasn't filled to your liking but do NOT ever NOT tip them!
- This should go without saying but please don't leave a mess at your table. Your date is possibly judging you that night! If you leave all your trash thrown all over the table....is that how you would be at home? Don't be a pig! Please!
I'm here to help you and help you have a pretty decent night. So please act accordingly. So please be kind while you are out. Think of other's. This will get you everywhere with your date.
You are welcome!
KEEP READING: What were the most popular baby names from the past 100 years?