5 Misconceptions Outsiders Have About Amarillo
Amarillo is has been the focus of songs, movies, and documentaries throughout the years. I, personally, love Amarillo. It's a great city to raise a family.
There are people that instantly form an opinion about a city the moment they hear its name. Amarillo is no exception. Here are 5 misconceptions about people from the Amarillo, Texas area.
5. Yes, we have a song. No I don't know all the words.
4. No, I did not ride a horse to school.
3. We don't eat 72 oz steaks for dinner.
2. Not everyone drives a diesel truck with a 20" lift kit on it.
1. We don't marry our cousins (Yes, I had a person say that to me once).
They don't realize that in Amarillo we do have:
The most beautiful sunsets on Earth.
A small version of the Grand Canyon in our backyard.
Amazing food establishments.
And, most importantly the friendliest people on the planet.