One thing I'm learning as a parent is that sometimes, common sense is something that lacks in a person.

My oldest boy has a brilliant mind, very smart. However, he doesn't always make the best choices when it comes to common sense.

Get our free mobile app

This story has nothing to do with my son though. It has everything to do with a house lost due to a MASSIVE lack of the aforementioned common sense.

On Monday, June 27th, a home on South Bonham caught fire. Firefighters quickly responded to the scene and found fire showing right through the front door.

The entire home was filled with billowing gray and brown smoke, and they found the kitchen and living room fully engulfed with flames.

Crews worked to extinguish the fire, then conduct their investigation as to what may have happened. A lot of house fires are caused by something electrical sparking. This, however, was not an electrical failure.

Firefighters had to be stunned when they found an outdoor grill inside the kitchen.

The home had been abandoned, but bystanders had reported seeing some people on the property. They weren't sure who they were or what they were up to.

Turns out, they were just having a bit of a cookout...indoors.

Officials stated that they found several pieces of wood inside the grill, and they believe the wood was set on fire in order to use it to cook on the grill.

I don't know about you, but I don't know that the thought of using an outdoor grill anywhere other than outside would ever cross my mind. Sure, I have thoughts of grilling up a steak when it's 38 degrees outside, but never do I think to myself, "I'll just roll the grill into the kitchen".

I'm sure more details will emerge from this event, but for now, we'll just tuck this one away in the #onlyinamarillo files.

8 Iconic Texas Snacks

19 Fugitives Wanted by the FBI With Ties to Texas

Take a look at these fugitives, some have rewards of up to $5 million dollars.