Roadwork Continues Around The Panhandle This Week
With more folks working from home and staying in, the impacts of road construction around Amarillo and the Texas panhandle is much less. However, if you will be doing any traveling around town this week, the Texas Department of Transportation has a list of areas you should avoid. Here is this week's "Know Before You Go" report:
- On the evening of Monday, April 6, traffic will be switched from State Loop (SL) 335, or Hollywood Road, to the newly constructed frontage roads, from I-27 to Coulter Street in both directions.
- Watch for various lane closures on I-27 in both directions from Bell Street to Washington Street for patching and fog seal operations.
- Various lanes will be closed on US 87 southbound at 15th Avenue for bridge deck repair.
- Keep a safe distance from mowers along Amarillo Boulevard and US 87.
- Watch for slow-moving operations on Amarillo Boulevard and US 87 for herbicide application.
- Watch for various lane closures as maintenance crews perform patching repairs:
- Monday, April 6 – the right lane of FM 1719 northbound at Fairway Lane.
- Wednesday, April 8 – the right lane of SH 136 southbound at FM 1912.
- Thursday, April 9 – the right lane of FM 1912 eastbound at SH 136.
- Watch for crews working in the right of way on SH 136 at Stinnett Road on Tuesday, April 7.
- Expect lane closures on the FM 3319 overpass on I-40, west of Vega and full closure of the bridge Thursday, April 9, for the replacement of bridge joints.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.