The Amarillo Roadwork Rundown for This Week
As the panhandle sees a nice break in the winter weather, it is allowing road crews to get out and fix some spots before another cold blast heads our way. TxDOT has released a list of projects going on this week to be mindful of when you are traveling around town. Here is where you will find traffic trouble spots this week:
- Pothole repair crews will be in various locations on SL 335, SH 136, FM 1912, RM 2381, RM 1061, and FM 1719.
- On Amarillo Boulevard, various lanes will be closed between Hughes Street and Western Street for edge maintenance.
- The left and center lanes of I-40 will be closed in both directions at Nelson Street for weather-related repairs.
- Expect various lane closures on I-40 westbound from Amarillo Boulevard to Adkisson Road for striping and seeding operations.
- Expect various lane closures on I-27 in both directions from 26th Avenue to 45th Avenue for patching.
- The right lanes of the I-27 frontage roads will be closed in both directions from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily from Western Street to Georgia Street as construction of ADA-compliant sidewalks and ramps continues.
- Watch for crews cleaning out sign stubs holes on State Loop (SL) 335 and setting sign stubs, particularly at crossovers.
- Hillside Road will be closed at Helium Road from Monday through Wednesday, Nov. 4 – 6 for installation of drainage pipes.
- Just north of Canyon, contractors will close the right lane of I-27 northbound at the direct connector from US 87 for concrete work on I-27. The right lane will be closed on Monday, Nov. 4, then again from Tuesday morning through Wednesday morning, Nov. 5 and 6.
As with all road projects, work is subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.