TxDOT “Know Before You Go” Road Construction To Avoid
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Each week, the Texas Department of Transportation releases their list of upcoming projects for the week ahead. TxDOT wants to make sure you know which areas to avoid ahead of time in order to skip the construction headaches around our region.
For the week of 10/18 to 10/24, TxDOT has the following projects on their list:
- Watch for various lane and ramp closures along the I-27 and I-40 frontage roads while crews edge curb lines.
- Various lanes will be closed along I-40 in both directions from the Oldham County line to Adkisson Road for patching repairs.
- On the I-40 frontage roads, watch for various lane closures from Pullman Road to Nelson Drive for patching repairs.
- Be mindful of mowers and weed eaters along the I-27 and I-40 corridors.
- On Monday, Oct. 19, crews will be patching in the intersection of SH 136 and Stinnett Road. Follow posted detours.
- Be prepared to stop on RM 1061 westbound on Tuesday, Oct. 20 as crews make patching repairs.
- On Wednesday, Oct. 21, railroad crews will be working on railroad crossings on Spur 228 and US 287 and will detour traffic.
- As TxDOT’s contractor begins bridge repair and other work on I-40, west of the downtown interchange, expect the following closures:
- The left lanes of I-40 will be closed in both directions from Olsen Street to Paramount Drive for the duration of the 2-year long project.
- Western Street will be closed in both directions under I-40 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly beginning Friday, Oct. 16 through Monday, Oct. 19 for bridge demolition.
- On Friday, Oct. 23, the I-40 eastbound entrance ramp between Soncy Road and Coulter Street will be closed from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.