You Won’t Believe How Many Hot Dogs American’s Will Eat On The 4th Of July
A new survey by the National Retail Federation reveals that 214 million people will celebrate Independence Day. They will pay handsomely to do so. Read on for other findings.
- Americans will spend $6.8 billion on Independence Day celebrations.
- the average American family will spend $71.34 on food for their Independence Day barbecue.
- 65% of people plan to attend an Independence Day barbecue or picnic.
- 43% of people plan to watch fireworks on Independence Day.
- 12% of people plan to attend an Independence Day Parade.
So what do Americans eat the most on the 4th of July? Here's the list:
- Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers. For vegetarians, there's Buffalo Chickpea Quinoa Burger, combined with blue cheese, lettuce and avocado.
- Potato Salad.
- Hot Dogs. According to the Nation Hot Dog & Sausage Council, more than 155 million hot dogs will be eaten on 4 July this year. The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on Coney Island is also held on the 4th of July.
- Fried Chicken.
What's on your plate for the 4th?