What the Heck Does Big Red Taste Like?
This Texas favorite has a unique flavor. But what exactly is it?
When I moved to Texas three years ago, I was told there were some things I needed to try and do. For example, I was told to go Cadillac Ranch. Try the steak at the Big Texan. I was also told to try Big Red.
I have had it a couple of times now. Each time I have it, I think it tastes like something else.
However, according to Wikipedia, "The drink is highly popular in the Southern United States and is well known for its unique taste and red color. Its flavor, though often thought to be bubble gum, is created by mixing orange and lemon oils with the traditional vanilla used in other cream sodas."
So we posted on Facebook, what do you think it tastes like? He is what some folks said.
- Jeska Leigh: Cream soda with a hint of cherry!!! Yummy
- Lisa Martin: Red creme soda
- Bella Genessa Martinez: Pure goodness
- David Baca: Fanta strawberry..same taste
- Alisha Osburn: Bubble gum
- Teresa Terry Vasquez: Like none other its a one of a kind flavor!! The best flavor at that!!
- Brett Varner: Cherry and orange
- Gordon Charles: Robitussin
- Mike Patterson: Double bubble
What do you think? What do you taste when you drink Big Red? Tell us in the comment section below.