This Week’s List of Roadwork Spots To Avoid Around Amarillo
Each week, the Texas Department of Transportation releases their list of road projects so you can plan your trip and avoid delays. Even though you might be working from home, these are still the top spot to avoid this week and skip the headache.
- Watch for various lane closures for fog seal operations on State Loop (SL) 335 (Soncy Road) in both directions from 45th Avenue to 77th Avenue.
- Expect daily lane closures in both directions on I-27 for patching from Western Street to FM 2219.
- Watch for mowing operations on I-40 and I-27 in town and around the downtown interchange. Area motorists are asked to give our mowers room and stay back, if possible.
- There will be slow-moving herbicide operations on I-40, I-27, and US 87, in and outside of town.
- Watch for crews making patching repairs on FM 1719 (Western Street) at the following locations:
- On Monday, March 30, in the southbound right lane between SL 335 and Hastings Road.
- On Tuesday, March 31, in the northbound and southbound left lanes between SL 335 and Hastings Road.
- On Wednesday, April 1, in the southbound right lane between Hastings Road and Fairway Lane.
- On Thursday, April 2, in the southbound left lane between Hastings Road and Fairway Lane.
- In Potter County, watch for crews performing sign work and herbicide operations in various locations.
- Patching activities on US 60 at I-27 in Canyon will roll into overlay operations. Expect various lane closures daily between US 287 and I-27 for the next two weeks until operations are completed.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.