Foods That Can Make You Smell
If you can’t find a deodorant that can keep you smelling ok throughout the day, it might be time change what you eat.
Here are six foods that can make you smell bad.
- Red meat. The body has a hard time digesting red meat. It also leaves residue in your digestive tract, which mixes with bacteria that comes out of your sweat. One study said that women prefer men who are vegetarians because they smell better.
- Alcohol. A tiny amount of alcohol comes out of your sweat. Which makes you smell like a stale beer.
- Fish. This seems like a no-brainer. Fish smells bad going into your body. For some people, it makes you smell when it is sweating from your body.
- Broccoli and asparagus. Like Fish, they have a unique smell going in your body. But they are good for you. So you need to eat them. If they do make you smell bad to try to boil them in water instead of steaming them. They could help with the smell.
- Garlic. It has another sulfuric compound called allicin. (Pronounced like the name Alison.) It's not necessarily a bad smell though. A few studies have found that some people are actually turned on by it.
- Coffee. This one is tough. Everyone knows coffee is what gets most people going in the morning. But stimulants like caffeine make you sweat more. Which makes you sweat more and smell more too.
Is there a food you avoid? Tell us in the comment section below.